Thanks to those that attended our recent fall clinic hosted by the Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association. This years clinic provided a variety of excellent speakers from the high school, community college, NAIA and D1 collegiate levels. Headline speakers were Coach Kyle Smith of Washington State University mens team and Shantay Legans from the Eastern Washington mens program. WIBCA, with the support of Shoot-A-Way, was again able to give away a brand new Shooting “Gun” to one lucky attendee. Thanks also to our sponsors in attendance: Cloud 9 Sports, Shoot-A-Way, Snap, and Hudl. We would like to thank the Yakima Chamber of Commerce, Bud Clary, and Yakima Valley Community College for their support this year. In addition to the professional development benefit of the clinic, attendees received the opportunity for clock hours, lunch, pasta dinner and a WIBCA hosted evening social. The 2019 WIBCA clinic was again a success and hopefully a productive and fun time for those that attended! Please mark your calendars and start planning for October of 2020 for next years clinic….WIBCA is already doing so.
Thanks again and GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!
Important dates and reminders for each of you!
- November 18th-First day of the season
- March 4th-7th-State Basketball Tournaments
- March 21st or 28th (TBD)-All State Games (Curtis High School)
- April 16th-Northwest Shootout (Liberty HS, Oregon)
- May 2nd & 3rd-WIBCA Showcase (Bellevue College)
- May 16th-Chelan Spring Clinic (Chelan)
- June 27th & 28th-June D1 Recruitment Showcase (Bellevue College)