14 Things Great Basketball Shooters Do
- Great shooters have this mindset: When I’m on, I shoot. When I’m off, I shoot till I’m on.
- Great shooters don’t worry about the last shot (make or miss). They focus on the next shot because it is the only one they can have an effect on.
- Great shooters always believe ‘my next shot is good’ (even if they’ve missed several in a row).
- Great shooters have routines and rituals; they are not haphazard when they work out. They practice game shots from game spots at game speed.
- Great shooters don’t make 500 shots. They make one shot… 500 separate times. Powerful distinction.
- Great shooters shoot the same way every time they shoot (from feet to 7.
- Great shooters go to the gym to make shots; not take shots. Anyone can take 500 shots. The name of the game is to put the ball in the basket.
- Great shooters are always ‘shot ready’. Their feet, hands, eyes and mind are ready to shoot.
- Great shooters don’t follow their shot. Why would they if they believe the
- Great shooters know and maximize their shooting strengths. They know if they shoot better off the pass vs. off the dribble, if they shoot better going right vs. going left and what spots on the court they shoot the highest percentage.
- Great shooters pass up a good shot in order to get a great shot.
- Great shooters rarely miss right or left.
- Great shooters know how to use screens effectively to get an open peek.
- Great shooters are not great by accident or luck. They are great because they put in the work.
No Replies to "14 Things Great Basketball Shooters Do"